Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Raw Veggies!

So last night for the time in my life I had raw broccoli. I have always hated broccoli! The only times I would like broccoli was in my soup completely boiled to death. I would always know when my mom steamed broccoli cuz the house would get that weird broccoli smell. However, I had never tried them raw. To my surprise raw broccoli is wonderful! It's so crunchy and doesn't have the same taste as it does when it is steamed. I am now in love with raw broccoli.

I read that steaming your veggies is really bad it removes a lot of the nutrients and your body thinks it's a toxic. I can admit to that because I never would eat steamed veggies. I would mostly eat salad and once I started to go organic my mom made me steamed veggies and once I finished eating them I felt this weird tingling in my body. I figured it's because I never eat veggies. The next day I found out about raw veggies and I never felt that tingling sensation again.

On a side note, I bought some organic toothpaste yesterday! whoohoo! It's fluoride & sulfate free. No animal testing and so much more. I really like it so far. I will post more about it later once I've used it more.

Enjoy the day the Lord has made!

2 comments:

  1. The switch to organic is always one that makes you feel so much better. I don't eat a lot of meat because I can't afford and I won't eat it unless it's organic, grass feed, and free roaming without antibiotics. I know how tough it can be - but it's so worth it!

    I have a food blog that has a lot of vegetarian and organic cooking. Check it out if you need some help:
    http://awesomefoodblog.blogspot.com/

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monica,

    Thanks for your words of encouragement! They are always wonderful to hear. I really haven't missed meat "yet" lol hopefully when I do I already know a few places I can buy them from that are organic, grass feed and free range. I just so distraught when I found out that cows, chickens and even fish get fed corn. Which is something I tried so hard to stay away from. I really don't want to just eat corn all my life lol

    ReplyDelete